art | design | fashion

Wednesday, February 21, 2007

portland's wurst gallery

Portland has great art galleries and the wurst gallery looks like it could also be its most fun:


Check out their current exhibit : the wurstminster
artists were invited to reserve a dog breed on a first come, first served basis. the only requirement was that the artist attempt to capture the look and spirit of their chosen breed in their own unique way. a portion of the proceeds from this show will be donated to DoveLewis animal hospital in portland, oregon.
I just wish I liked the Wire Fox Terrier better. The Norwich and the Scottie are great however.


I like everything about Portland: great art, great music, great lit, and the best bookstore in the world. It just rains too damn much. I couldn't take it. I'm not a jolly enough person to live with such persistent gloom. Under those conditions you have to have a sunny disposition in order to prevent yourself from perishing of grief.


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the Wurst Gallery. Its just so sweet. I love your blogs entrys.

kora in hell said...

Hey thanks Michael. I know you have no shortage of fans but I'm glad to know you're reading my blog.

Diane Dehler said...

Trixie, I found your blog via Japonisme and it's really interesting. I love the arts; dance, etc. Will be back.

Anonymous said...

Good post.